Pick-ups at Charlottesville Albemarle Airport
The map below shows the new procedure for picking up passengers at Charlottesville Albemarle Airport. Please review this information carefully as your proximity to the airport no longer affects whether or not you will receive the next request.
- Enter the Airport Waiting Zone (GREEN) to reserve a spot in the FIFO queue.
- Find a safe and legal place to park in the Airport Waiting Zone (GREEN) while you wait for a ride request. Do not leave your vehicle unattended.
- Once you accept a ride request, proceed to the terminal to make the pick up. You may need to call or text the rider to coordinate the best place to meet.
DO NOT PARK ON AIRPORT GROUNDS (RED) WHILE YOU WAIT FOR A REQUEST. Doing so will result in a fine or citation, which Uber will not cover.
We have implemented a first-in, first-out (FIFO) policy to ensure that partners will receive trips in the order that they arrive in the waiting area. Think of this as a virtual line where the next trip request will go to the partner waiting the longest.
- You will be placed in the queue once you have entered airport waiting zone. Please find a safe and legal place to wait for a request.
- You will go to the back of the line if you do any of the following:
- Leave the Airport Waiting Zone
- Reject or cancel a trip
- Let a trip request expire
- Turn off your phone
- When inside the Airport Waiting Zone, you can still receive requests from outside the airport area if you are the closest partner
- Note that you will not be able to see your position in line in the app, but it will be working in the background